Footprints in the Sand

The spectator, sharing no experience, is no more I than it is you ~ H.D.Thoreau

Monday, August 01, 2005

De Profundis

I woke up with the wish-I-was-gone mood. Sat on my meditation cushion and breathed. Just sitting. Just breathing.
This yearning to crawl into a dark place and vanish, should I look into it? Observe its subtle movements? Isn't it dangerous? Might I not drown? Lose myself within this dark profundity?
An image came. I was diving in a dark ocean. Endless darknessā€¦ empty space all around me. There was a light someplace below. I swam towards it. While swimming, I suddenly noticed I'm well equipped with a diving suit, an air balloon, a mask. Why should you worry? I asked.
Suddenly, it was not so important to reach the light, to come out of the dark depth. There was beauty in the free-floating, empty space.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home