Footprints in the Sand

The spectator, sharing no experience, is no more I than it is you ~ H.D.Thoreau

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Beginning

This is my journey through meditation. Those who might see progress are invited to rethink the linear paradigm of progression. Is the acorn less perfect than the oak?

The epigraph is from Walden, "Solitude": "I only know myself as a human entity; the scene, so to speak, of thoughts and affections; and am sensible of a certain doubleness by which I can stand as remote from myself as from another. However intense my experience, I am conscious of the presence and criticism of a part of me, which, as it were, is not a part of me, but spectator, sharing no experience, but taking note of it; and that is no more I than it is you".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home